Monday 24 December 2012

Merry Christmas

As the holiday season draws ever closer, I would like to take a moment to share my thoughts.  This is a special time of year when I like to look back and reflect on all of the wonderful people and opportunities that I have in my life.  I consider myself very blessed to have a such a happy, healthy, beautiful child to share the magic of Christmas with.  The Thief may have been naughty at times this year, but since she's right smack in the middle of the terrible 2's, I feel pretty confidant that Santa Clause will somehow still manage to find is way to our house this year. 
One entire side of my extended family will be gathering at my Grandparent's home on Christmas Day this year to celebrate the season and enjoy some quality family time with loved ones.  We aren't always able to all come together as often as we should, but we always make an effort at Christmas.  I have high hopes of seeing the other side of my family while I am home for the holidays, but we haven't made any concrete plans as of yet.  In my mind family always comes first.  I was raised to believe that family values are very important, and I can't emphasize enough how much the love and support of my entire family has meant to me over the years.  The holiday season is an opportunity for us to get together and share our appreciation, just relax for a few hours and catch up on what's going on in everyone's lives.
Friends, both old and new, are also a big part of the holidays for me.  Whether we see each other every day at work, or not nearly often enough,  Christmas is always a wonderful opportunity to reconnect with these friends, and offers an opportunity to express my gratitude.  All of my friends are incredibly generous, selfless, caring people that I appreciate immensely, that I wish I got to see more often. 

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a safe Christmas season, filled with love, cheer, and happiness.

Merry Christmas from my family to yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment