Friday 14 December 2012

Life after satellite Television.

I recently moved into a condo, and due to the various rules and regulations of the building, I have had to give up my Bell Expressvu account.  Now I could easily have simply switched over to another service provider, but I have made the choice to go without.
Not totally without, I don't think I could do that, but I won't be paying for HD programming any time soon.
So instead I turn to my trusty PlayStation Network, and it's free access to Crackle.
Crackle is online video streaming service filled with B (D) List programming, and a boat load of odd japanamation, that promises to at least satisfy my desire to have something on the television while I lounge on my sofa staring blankly at the screen.  While the programming is mostly crap, it is free, unlike Netflix, so that is a point in its favour.

The first show I attempted was Woke Up Dead, a comedy staring Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite), Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B in Apt 23), and Josh Gad.
So far I am only 2 episodes in, but I am intrigued.  It is really more of a web-isode based series as each episode is only 3-7 min long.  Plot vaguely goes something like this: Dex  (Heder) wakes up dead after taking a pill at a party, drowning in his bath tub and being hit by a bus.   But he can still walk, talk, and interact with the living...so he's not a traditional zombie...

It is mildly amusing, and I will likely watch more of it when I have more free time.

What kills me is that all of the programming is in standard definition, and therefore looks terrible on my big HD TV.  Oh well.  I will get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment