Friday 23 August 2013

Ben Affleck will play Batman in the Man of Steel sequel


The interweb went crazy yesterday when Warner Bros. announced that Ben Affleck would don the cowl as the caped crusader in the 2015 sequel to The Man of Steel. Alot of fanboys are hating on Affleck, labeling him 'too vanilla' to play the Dark Knight.


Personally, I am intrigued by the casting choice. Affleck has the suave, cool grace to pull off Bruce Wayne, and the physical size to be a very imposing figure in the cowl. If I met that square jaw dressed as Batman in a dark alley, I would think twice before I picked a fight.
For all the fanboys who think Affleck will just be another George Clooney, or Val Kilmer...I would ask, did you expect genius out of Heath Ledger in the role of the joker? He shocked the acting world with this dark portrayal, even winning the Oscar for best actor posthumously. I know I didn't certainly expect that out of the star of 10 Things I Hate About You. My point, leave the guy alone, and wait to pass judgment on his performance until after he has actually had a chance to give it. You never know, he may surprise you. The as of yet untitled sequel is scheduled to hit theatres in July of 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment