Friday 26 July 2013

Optimus Prime Gets A Face Lift

I just pulled this image off of a fan website for Michael Bay's upcoming Transformers 4.

Optimus Prime has been totally redesigned with a very 2nd gen feel, and I think I like it. Despite generally being a traditionalist when it comes to my transformers, I feel like the series needs to keep up with the times, and continue to showcase interesting new visuals to maintain its fan base. Apparently this 4th installment has an entirely new human cast, which is a shame, really only Shia Labouf had to go in my mind, all the military personnel that appeared in the first movies were solid. Josh Duhame was a personal favorite. The plot is still very much a mystery, but the interweb is still abuzz with the fact that Mark Whalberg signed on without ever having seen a script, or even knowing the name of the character he would be playing. I'll see this in theaters, if only to hear Peter Cullen's magnificent voice acting as Optimus Prime. It takes be back to my childhood, and that us a pretty incredible feat.

No comments:

Post a Comment