Monday 5 November 2012

The Wolverine! The Official Teaser Poster this time...

I posted an unofficial teaser poster for this film a while back, but here's the real deal.  The Wolverine is slated for the big screen in 2013.
Apparently the plot of this film takes place chronologically after X-Men: Final Stand, which is a bit of a surprise...but that may just be the rumor mill.  If that is the case, it leaves a lot of room for tie ins with the 2014 release of X-Men: First Class 2: Days of Future Past...which is very interesting...at least to me, since I am becoming a big comic book nerd...and I love it!
As a side note, it is interesting to me that Wolverine, who I consider to be a quintessential X-Man character, didn't actually appear in the X-Men comic book series until issue number 95, years into the publication.  (Not quite true, his actual first appearance as an X-Men is in 1975's Giant Size X-Men#1, which falls between the action of issue 94 and 95, but only the die hard fans will know what I am talking about at this point...). I recently decided to read all of these early comics, and I strongly feel that the series didn't really come into it's own until after the 2nd Genesis plot that introduces Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Jean Grey's transformation to Phoenix.  But that is a post for another day!


No comments:

Post a Comment