Wednesday 17 October 2012

Wil Wheaton on The Walking Dead?

It's funny how a little name recognition can go a long way! 
The interweb is apparently abuzz with individuals who are slightly misinformed about Mr. Wheaton's upcoming guest appearance.
A few of these people have wound up here at my blog...thanks Google!
So I figured I would write a quick post to better inform these poor misguided folks, just so that they don't get frustrated and start leaving me hate mail.
This Sunday Wil Wheaton will actually be featured on the AMC show The Talking Dead, an open forum discussion that airs after each new episode of The Walking Dead.  The Talking Dead features cast members, and producers from the show, answering fan questions.  They also occasionally invite celebrities who are fans of the series to come on and share their opinions and insight on the latest Walking Dead episode.  And this seems to be the case in this instance.
I'll be sure to watch this Sunday, and will likely blog about what Wil has to say...
So, sorry to dissapoint anyone who was hoping Wil was going to get the full Robert Kirkman treatment...not this time.
But...in the mean time, here's a fun image I have borrowed from Mr. Wheaton's tumblr page - who doesn't love a good Vegas Pimp Zombie Photo?  Thanks Google!



Also, in honor of The Walking Dead and Wil Wheaton, I have included this link to his short film: Where's Carl. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I saw that episode of the Talking Dead where Wil Wheaton was a guest & I wondered what role he'd played or what I'd missed.
    For a moment I thought,"maybe he's on the writing staff" & thats when I started looking around the net. I found his blogg about the show,but other than that I found nothing,no role or affiliation with the show.

    Then I found your article on the subject.
    Ok,so then he really has nothing to do with production of the show rite ?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have also done a lot of research on the subject, and to the best of my knowledge Will is a super fan of the show, but at this point has nothing to do with the actual production. His guest appearance on Talking Dead was a nod to his sub pop culture popularity and zeal for the Walking Dead. Who's to say he won't earn a cameo or writing job down the road, but for nowof he's just a big fan like the rest of us.

      Delete