Wednesday 4 April 2012

So I finished the Hunger Games Trilogy...

Having now read all 3 books I can honestly say I feel ripped off.  Without giving anything away, here's my 2 cents:

Book one started out pretty good, and while I had some issues with some of the content, ultimately I enjoyed it.  However I still maintain the deep connection between this concept and Stephen King's short story: The Running Man.  Original material this is not!

Book Two felt weak in comparison.  With no other real plans for the characters, the author dumps them back into the arena, despite the fact that the mythos she has created states they should be immune to this.  And the surprise twist at the end feels like a mistake.  It totally eliminates any sense of suspense.

Book Three is the worst of the trilogy.  It honestly feels like a totally different series, rushed to the point that many of the plot points don't make sense.  I draw very strong parallels to the 3rd Matrix movie.  Interesting concept, horrible execution.

Sadly now I need to see the movie to see if Hollywood can fix this trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment