Monday 16 April 2012

Sloth love Chunk!

Spent a few hours basking in nostalgia last night with an old favourite.

For the record, Goonies does not stand up to my very fond childhood memories, but I think this is more of a reflection of my lost youthful innocence than any real shortcoming of the film.  Keeping in mind that I was 6 years old when the film was originally released, the paper thin plot and lack luster performances by has been child stars were the things dreams were made of.  As an adult I see right through this things, and can't help but be dissapointed.  In my youth all that mattered was the whole idea that they found a pirate ship.  Legendary.

While I doubt I will enjoy future viewings, I am hoping it will capture my daughters imagination the way it once did mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment