Monday 3 February 2014

Back at it!

Okay, so I have been more than a little remiss about posting new content regarding our tour adventures lately, but I promise that I have a great post from Miami beach that I will get typed up as soon as I have a chance.
After a blissful week off at home, we are all back on the road today with connecting flights from Toronto to Atlanta and Atlanta to Columbia, South Carolina to begin our 3rd and final leg of this little adventure.  Once we land in Columbia we will board a shuttle for the hour long hike to Newberry where we will perform our first show tomorrow afternoon, our first double show day in a LONG time...Life is hard.
This leg we have bid farewell to Robert and our remarkable Soul Bus, so it will be alot of flights and short shuttles on this leg.
As I write this I am camped out on the floor of Gate D36 in the Atlanta international airport awaiting our puddle jumping 61 min connection to Columbia.  Something tells me that the plane for this next flight will be smaller than the soul bus, and that likely means a rocky ride.  God, I hate flying!  Somebody better pour me a double Jack & Coke very soon!

Update: After sitting on the tarmac for an hour we were all asked to deplane due to a maintenance issue, but not until after the flight attendant rewarded all of us with free booze (JACK!) because the cast sang a couple of numbers from the show to entertain the passengers.  We were supposed to arrive at 8:15pm, but now it is 8:30pm and we are still sitting at the second gate waiting for our crew to board this new airplane...another long travel day with connecting flights.

Update the second:  We made it...90 min late, but we got to Columbia, and after a painless bus ride to Newberry, most of us made it...We may not have any lights for the show tomorrow, but we'll give them a hell of a show!

Time for me to crash.  I promise more info soon, check back when you have a chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment